|Season 1, Episode 17|
|Air date||April 9, 2011|
|Written by||Neal Shusterman|
|Directed by||Peter DeLuise|
Catching Cold is the seventeenth episode of R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series.
An ice cream-obsessed boy named Marty vows to track down an ice cream truck that only appears to him.
Marty always borrows money from his family. He soon becomes obsessed with catching a mysterious ice cream truck that only he seems to hear and see. As a mailman tells him, and his best friend named Ari the story of a boy named Jimmy "Jamese" Jeffrey who got into the truck and the next day, he was gone.
Days later Marty sells Ari a bike his father gave him, finally earning money to buy some Creamy Cold ice cream. That night he manages to stop the ice cream truck with his fathers tire spikes. After getting in Marty encounters Jimmy Jeffrey, (the boy whom the mailman told him about the other day) now a thirty year old man, frozen in the back, who tells him that he's been waiting 30 years for someone to take his place and explains that the ice cream truck runs on the souls of those obsessed with catching the Creamy Cold ice cream truck. Jimmy escapes the ice cream truck, leaving Marty in the back, yelling for help as the truck drives off into the night. Before the truck drives off, Jimmy says one last thing, laughing, "The truck is all yours, until someone else catches you! Until then, it's all you can eat!"
- Robert Capron as Marty
- Ty Olsson as Steve
- Sarah-Jane Redmond as Janet
- Laine MacNeil as Kayla
- Nicholas Elia as Ari
- C. Ernst Harth as Older Jimmy Jeffries
- Rhys Johnson as Blue Collar Driver
- Robin Mossley as Post-Man
- Gerald Paetz as Driver of The Kreamy Cold Ice Cream Truck
- This episode is based on the short story by Neal Shusterman.
- The cycle of someone getting trapped in the ice cream truck and taking another one's place is similar to the cycle in "Game Over".